Another credit card tutorial by GenX @ http://www.GenXGenYGenZ.com
Update September 2016 – Effective 1st October 2016, the UOB VOX card will be terminated/phased out. There is a new UOB Cash Back card called YOLO but you need to spend a minimum amount in order to earn some cash back.
Update 30 April 2016 – Mr. Jerie Lim confirmed that his CIMB Cash Rebate MC also earned him 5% Cash Back via PosOnline.
First of all, I would like to thank the following people who have taken the time to comment at my Facebook Page or messaged me via Facebook, so that you can benefit from the information which is presented in this article:
- Mr. Jerie Lim, for being the first person to highlight to me that AEON Credit Cards’ bills can be paid Online via PosOnline. Mr. Jerie Lim further commented at my Facebook Page that the UOB VOX credit cards gives him 5% cash back from online transactions.
- Mr. Lou Jyh Haur, for commenting at my Facebook Page that PosOnline imposes 2% Fee when we use our credit card to pay AEON Credit Card bills.
- LYN member with the nickname kelvinlzy, the first person to inform me (via Facebook Message) that he managed to get 5% cash back with his UOB VOX plus extra 0.3% cash back when he paid his AEON credit card bill via PosOnline!!! For the record, kelvinlzy was the first person to post at LYN that we can use another credit card to pay AEON’s credit card bills via PosOnline.
Most of the contents below were first posted back in late March 2016 in my article titled AEON GenX Platinum Credit Card & Why You Should Get An AEON Credit Card. This said article had 2 parts, the first part about AEON GenX Platinum Credit Card was an April Fools’ Joke. The second part about Why You Should Get An AEON Credit Card was to highlight to my readers that they may be able to get cash back up to 4% for any type of transactions with a little bit of extra work by simply using an AEON Credit Card to pay for his/her transactions AND then use a credit card that earns him/her cash back for Online Transactions.
It is now end of April 2016, and there are still people who are of the impression that the AEON GenX Platinum Credit Card is real!!! I guess it must be either due to my fantastic story-telling skill or those people didn’t even bother to read the article carefully even though after 1st April I have added comments at the start of the article that the AEON GenX Platinum is an April Fools’ Joke.
So, I thought I should have a dedicated post (with updated/revised comments) to just highlight that we can now earn up to 4% cash back for any type of transactions simply by using an AEON Credit Card and then use another cash back credit card to pay the AEON Credit Card Bill.
Without further ado, I shall once again teach you how you can earn up to 4% cash back (can be more which I will tell you in the Conclusion if you shop at AEON Big) for any type of transactions any where on earth.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET AN AEON CREDIT CARD AND THEN USE ANOTHER CASH BACK CREDIT CARD TO PAY THE AEON’S CREDIT CARD BILL
As most of you are aware by now, recently we had a series of bad news relating to credit cards. Maybank has revised their Treats Points Program effective 15 April 2016 where all their Gold and Platinum Visa and MasterCard credit cards will no longer earn the cardholder any points for Insurance Premium, Utility Bills, Education and Government related transactions. Click here to read the Bad News on Maybank Treats Points Effective 15 April 2016.
Maybank has also terminated/downgraded their Visa Signature and Visa Infinite FREE Airport Lounge access and now many of you are looking for alternative cards that grant you FREE entries to Plaza Premium Lounges.
AEON has terminated their AEON Watami Visa Classic credit card which reward the cardholder 3% cash back and AEON will convert all existing AEON Watami to another one of their credit cards!!
But not to be despair because you have me. And if you believe in me and continue reading the contents below, a miracle shall fall upon you and you shall be immensely rewarded 🙂
I am going to share with you what one of my closest iFriends, Mr. Jerie Lim, who constantly “Like” my FB postings for years, selflessly commented back in late March 2016 at my Facebook Page recently:
- We can pay AEON Credit Card bills online via http://www.posonline.com.my/
- Mr. Jerie Lim has successfully paid his AEON credit card bill online via PosOnline using his credit cards!!!
Below is an image extracted from PosOnline which clearly states that AEON Credit Card is on their Payees List:
And now I am going to reward you further for reading this article and it’s my way of thanking you for supporting and believing in me.
With us being able to pay AEON credit card bills with another credit card, it means that we now have the potential to earn 1% to 4% cash back for ANY TYPE OF TRANSACTIONS!!! Yes, any type of transactions including Insurance Premiums, Education, Utilities, PTPTN Loans and even Government related transactions. It’s a miracle!
Step 1 – Go get an AEON Credit Service credit card.
If you shop at AEON BiG, click here to read my review of the AEON BiG Visa Credit Card where you can earn up to “15%” cash back!!! What is really fantastic about the AEON BiG Visa Credit Card is that you can earn up to 15% cash back at AEON BiG, I am not joking. That’s not all, you can actually earn 5% cash back for Petrol too with the AEON BiG Visa Credit Card if you pump on Sunday!!! Once again, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Ms. Sherine Lee who took the trouble to highlight the AEON BiG Visa Credit Card to me at my Facebook Page.
Step 2 – Use your AEON Credit Service credit card to pay for transactions.
Use you AEON credit card to pay for your ESSENTIAL EXPENSES, e.g. utility bills, insurance, PTPTN loan or any transactions where your other credit cards earn you miserable returns.
If you do not shop at AEON BiG or don’t pump petrol on Sundays, but hold an AEON Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) that earns you AEON Member Points (formerly known as J Points), then I would suggest that you get another credit card for your Petrol and Groceries.
The following are examples where you should not use your AEON Credit Cards as other credit cards will give you more in returns:
For Petrol and Groceries every Friday and Saturday, use the Maybank Islamic Ikhwan MasterCard (click here to read my review) and earn 5% cash back. Click here to read my article titled The Best Credit Cards for Petrol for more credit cards to use for Petrol.
For dining on weekends, use the Maybank 2 Gold/Platinum for Dining and earn 5% cash back.
For transactions that will earn you 10% cash back with the Hong Leong Bank WISE Visa credit card (click here to read my tutorial on the HLB WISE Visa credit card and learn why you should not get the Platinum).
For Enrich Miles and KrisFlyer Miles, use your Maybank 2 Cards Premier AMEX Reserve whenever possible (not related to Insurance, Utilities, Local Tuition Fees, Government and Petrol) and earn yourself 1 Enrich Mile or KrisFlyer Mile with every RM0.954 spent locally or overseas! Alternatively, if you are into KrisFlyer Miles only, click here to read my review of the Maybank Singapore KrisFlyer Miles American Express Gold Credit Card where you can earn 1 KrisFLyer Mile for every RM1 spent overseas or locally (including at government agencies, Insurance Premiums, Utilities and Petrol)!
Step 3 – Pay your AEON Credit Card bills via PosOnline with the right credit card to optimize your returns.
As Mr. Lou Jyh Haur have pointed out above, you will be imposed a fee of 2% when you pay your AEON Credit Card bill via PosOnline. Therefore, you will need a credit card that earns you minimum 3% or more in cash back for Online Transactions, otherwise you are wasting your time.
Below are some of the cards that may be worthwhile to use to pay your AEON credit card bill via PosOnline:
UOB VOX VISA
- Monthly fee of RM6 waived with minimum 1 swipe per month.
- This card earns you 5% cash back from Online Transactions. Monthly cash back cap RM50.
- Effective cash back = 5% – PosOnline Fee 2% = approximately 3%.
- Like I mentioned at the start of this article, kelvinlzy of LYN was the first to confirmed with me that he did receive 5% cash back with his UOB VOX plus extra 0.3% cash back when he paid his AEON credit card bill via PosOnline. Mr. Jerie Lim also subsequently reconfirmed with me that he also did earn 5% cash back with his UOB VOX Visa.
CIMB CASH REBATE MASTERCARD – FREE FOR LIFE
- You can earn 5% cash back with Online Transactions.
- Monthly cash back capped at RM30 for online or good for up to RM600 online spending.
- Effective cash back = 5% – PosOnline Fee 2% = approximately 3%.
- Update 30 April 2016 – Mr. Jerie Lim confirmed that he did earn 5% cash back with his CIMB Cash Rebate MasterCard when you use it to pay your AEON credit card bill via PosOnline.
PUBLIC BANK VISA SIGNATURE
- FREE FOR LIFE with minimum 12 swipes per year.
- You can earn 6% cash back with Online Transactions.
- Monthly cash back capped at RM50 or good for up to RM833 spending.
- After I published this article, Mr. Teong Sin Sim confirmed at my Facebook Page that his Public Bank Visa Signature did earn him 6% cash back when he used it pay his AEON Credit Card via PosOnline.
- Effective cash back = 6% – PosOnline Fee 2% = approximately 4%.
If you hold all the 3 credit cards (UOB VOX, CIMB CR MC & PBB VS) mentioned above, what this means is that you can earn up to RM130 cash back per month (or RM1,560 per year) when you use all these 3 cards to pay you AEON Credit Card bills via PosOnline amounting to maximum RM2,433 per month.
By using the right cash back credit card to pay your AEON credit card bills online via PosOnline, it’s like you’ll be getting cash back from endless categories!!! You no longer need to care if your non-AEON credit card earns you reward points or cash back for a particular category (e.g. Insurance Premiums, PTPTN Loans or Utility Bills) but simply use the AEON credit card and then use the cash back credit cards which I listed above 🙂
So by using an AEON credit card, you get to earn AEON Member Reward Points at the same time, too. This means you are not only optimizing but maximizing your returns when you combine an AEON Credit Card with another credit card to pay the AEON bills!
Many of the AEON Credit Service Gold credit cards grant you 6X FREE access to Plaza Premium Lounges at KLIA and KLIA2. So add this said 6X FREE access with an AEON Gold credit card to, for example, Maybank Visa Infinite 5X FREE access, you will have a total of 11 FREE access to PPL!!!
If we shop at AEON BiG, we can earn up to 15% cash back (FREE Money) with the AEON Big Visa credit card and then use UOB VOX Visa to pay the AEON Big credit card bill (via PosOnline) and earn another extra 3.3% cash back (MORE FREE money) – it’s a miracle!!! And if you want to show your gratitude for this wonderful miracle that has fallen upon you, thanks to my hard and life threatening work from chain smoking while producing this tutorial, you can donate RM11.18 to my PayPal account at firstname.lastname@example.org….. this would be another miracle as most of you are damn “kedekut” like me and only want FREE tuition from me, hahaha. But it is because of my FREE financial tutorials that many of you, my iFriends, have voted that GenX GenY GenZ is the No.1 Best FREE Financial website in Malaysia (click here to see who voted that My Blog Is The Best Financial Website).
In addition to my iFriends who voted that my blog is the best FREE Personal Finance website in Malaysia, I must also thank:
(1) Mr-Stingy who ranked my blog as the Number 1 Website to Earn and Grow Your Money;
(2) Jewel Pie website for recommending my blog as one of the 8 Personal Finance Blogs That Is Worth Checking Out and that I am a Master of Credit Cards; and
(3) Ms. Suraya of Ringgit Oh Ringgit website for recommending my blog as a TOP PICK!
(4) Dividend Magic website who listed my GenX GenY GenZ blog as one of his Recommended Sites.
(5) KLSE Malaysia blogspot who has been providing links to my Best Credit Cards articles for years.
(6) To all my Bros & Sis at LYN who have posted links to my articles.
(7) And of course you, my iFriends/readers who have shared my articles with others; but more importantly, selflessly share information with me so that I can produce tutorials for the benefit of everyone.
And I am pleased to present to you Mr. Jerie Lim’s article/tutorial which will give you step by step instructions as to how to pay your AEON Credit Card bill via PosOnline PLUS how you can earn up to RM2,280 in cash back using the above mentioned combination of AEON Credit Card + UOB VOX plus PBB VS plus CIMB Cash Rebate MC for all your transactions including Insurance, Utilites, Government, PTPTN loan repayment too even SSPN Investment scheme!
Whenever you are thinking of what credit card to use or get to pay your AEON credit card bills online, please visit my BEST CREDIT CARDS PAGE where I recommended FREE FOR LIFE credit cards that everyone should have in their wallets based on their spending patterns, needs and income levels.
If you have a PTPTN Loan, click here and read my article titled Paying Your PTPTN Loan Using Credit Cards
Update 17 May 2016 – If you think above AEON +UOB/CIMB/PBB combo is great, click here to learn about an amazing Cash Back Credit Card Combo tip by kelvinlyz of LYN.
Another ARTicle and Credit Card Tutorial by GenX (click here to see my Online Profile)