In the previous Australia Best Credit Cards 2019 Part I, I have identified the Entry Level credit cards which are good for my just graduated son for the purpose of accumulating Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles and they are as follows:
- American Express Essential – FREE FOR LIFE without any conditions.
- American Express Platinum Edge – AMA Version
- American Express Explorer Credit Card
- Westpac Altitude Platinum Bundle with AMEX
- St. George (or Bank of Melbourne) Amplify Visa Platinum
- St. George (or Bank of Melbourne) Amplify Visa Signature
In the previous Chapter I have also mentioned why I advise my son to accumulate KrisFlyer Miles over Qantas.
In this Part II, I shall perform comparisons to determine which credit card combination would earn my son the most KrisFlyer Miles based on different categories of spending. I will also need to assume where my son’s money will go to, e.g. Supermarket, Petrol, Taxes, Shopping and Restaurants.
First and foremost, here is a table summarizing how much one needs to spend in order to earn 1 KrisFlyer Mile: