Maybank 2 Cards Premier AMEX Reserve and Visa Infinite
First, let’s recap on the Pros and Cons of the Maybank 2 Cards Premier:
- The RM800 annual fee is waived with RM80K spending….. FREE is the Best!
- With the American Express, you earn 5X Treat Points (TP) for Local and Overseas Spending except for local transactions related to Insurance, Utilities, Education, Government, JomPay, 0% EzyPay and eWallets.
- With the Visa Infinite, you earn 2X Treat Points (TP) for Local Spending (except for local transactions related to Insurance, Utilities, Education, Government, JomPay, 0% EzyPay and eWallets) and 5X Treats Points for Overseas Spending (as long the transaction is other than Ringgit Malaysia – which means for any transaction).
- You can use your Treats Points to redeem for KrisFlyer Miles and Asia Miles.
- Treats Points earned are valid for 3 years only.
- ZERO Treats Points for government related transactions.
If you ask me, the Maybank 2 Cards Premier AMEX Reserve and Visa Infinite are the best credit cards in Malaysia for Online Transactions too.
With the AMEX Reserve, you can earn unlimited 5X Treat Points for every RM1 spent for any online transaction (except for the transactions mentioned above). What this means is that you can earn 5X Treats Points for the following Online Transactions:
- GrabRide, GrabFood and GrabMart (set your AMEX card as Primary Payment for these Grab services).
- Broadband, i.e. Unifi and Streamyx
- TELCOs, i.e. Celcom (yes you can use AMEX for Auto Dedit), DiGi, Maxis and Telekom.
- Any foreign currency transaction via online (this apply to the Visa Infinite too as you will earn 5X TP).
- Hotels, e.g. Agoda where you can pay in RM if you wish.
- Airlines, e.g. AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines.
- Fave for some good promos.
- And other transactions not related to Government, Utilities, Education, JomPay, EzyPay and eWallets in Ringgit Malaysia.
Even if you are not into air miles (which will give you the best returns when redeeming First Class tickets), in my tutorial How To Convert Enrich Miles to Cash with Enrich Hotels, you can like earn unlimited equivalent 3% cash back!
As for online transactions where we cannot use our AMEX credit card, we shall then use the Visa Infinite to earn 2X Treats Points for transactions in Ringgit Malaysia. However, with 2X Treats Points, the equivalent cash back we can earn will be about 1.2% only when we redeem for Hotel Rooms with Enrich Hotels. Therefore for Cash Back fans, this is not attractive.
Having said the above, besides the Visa Infinite, which other non AMEX credit card in Malaysia can earn you 1 KrisFlyer or Asia Mile for every RM2.50 spent everyday for any local transaction not related to government, insurance, education, Jompay and topping up eWallet? The answer is none!
Therefore, for air miles fan, the Maybank Visa Infinite is really good for online transactions (including Lazada and Shopee) where we can’t use our AMEX Reserve.
Talking about Lazada with Maybank Visa infinite, on Wednesday there is an auto applied voucher for Maybank and on weekends we need to manually key in a Promo Code. Click here to read more about How To Save Money with Cash Vouchers.